We are using OJS online submission system for submission. Please go to and at the site to start the online submission process. Please read the author guideline below carefully.
1. your submission will be returned without review if you did not follow the submission guideline. In order to ensure the blind review, you must remove the author name in Microsoft Word found in the File menu (see for how to remove author information in MS Word).
2. If there are multiple authors, the lead author should create an account and submit the manuscript.
3. We do not accept abstract submission. Please submit your full manusciprt for consideration.
* Inquiry of your submission should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org冠亚军和值6码计划.
Features:pk10冠亚军和值6码计划 Articles should be research-based and pertain to issues in any of the various fields of arts education. These fields include, among others, music education, visual arts education, drama education, dance education, aesthetics, arts based inquiries and theories, and integrative literary and narrative studies. Holistic studies that cross or transcend these fields are also welcomed.
Lived Aesthetic Inquiries: Works portraying inquiry across disciplines, interests, and settings, coming to form as art does, "as a complex mediation and reconstruction of experience" (Pinar, Reynolds, Slattery, & Taubman, 1995, p. 567). Conceptual, ideological, and/or philosophical frameworks must infuse such inquiries, offering theorized accounts intended as generative mediums for others to engage, gaining vivid and tangible access to the embedded significances for all involved.
Book Reviews: Essays intended to inform the readership of current, recent, and classic works in the arts.
Interludes:pk10冠亚军和值6码计划 Scholarly essays of a conceptual or interpretive nature offering insights and perspectives calling attention to timely issues and considerations to arts (and other) educators.
pk10冠亚军和值6码计划because ijea is published electronically, a wider array of representational forms and formats are possible than in print journals. these include musical, pictorial, and videographic, as well as verbal/print. multi-media formats are especially welcome. whatever the mode employed, articles (as examples of good art) should provide important insights into, or suggest provocative questions about, the phenomena of arts education. the originality, educational significance, and technical quality of submissions are important criteria in the review and selection processes. manuscripts employing a verbal/print format may use interpretive, narrative, arts-based, contextualized quantitative, and critical approaches to studying education in the arts.
ijea is a double blind peer reviewed journal and serves academic community. there is no charge for submitting and publishing in ijea.
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors who do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Written manuscripts should be in English and as the IJEA provides a venue for scholarship that takes advantage of several aspects of emerging technologies, there is no page limit to submissions.
- Submissions must follow the style in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (7th edition), available from the .
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format. Any supplemental files are in Microsoft Word, RTF, WordPerfect, jpeg, gif, flw, mp3, or Excel format. PDFs are NOT acceptable. Utilization of graphics, photographs, video streaming, as well as other technologies are welcome.
- Supply complete contact information for all authors on a separate title page file: Name, affiliation, complete street address, e-mail address, fax, phone numbers (the more, the better). Clearly indicate the first-named author or the co-author who will be handling the correspondence and clearing galleys with the editors and associate editors.
- All manuscripts should include an abstract of 100—150 words.
- The complete name of the author(s) should be typed only on the separate title page file to ensure anonymity in the review process. The main manuscript should have no author names. Information in text or references that would identify the author should be deleted from the manuscript including both text citations and the reference list. These may be reinserted in the final draft.
- Author Identification. IJEA is a double blind peer reviewed journal. The author's name should be removed from the document's Properties, which in Microsoft Word is found in the File menu (see for how to remove author information in MS Word).
- Notes and references. Notes should be typed as footnotes using MS Word footnote function and should be numbered consecutively throughout the article. A reference list contains only references that are cited in the text. Its accuracy and completeness are the responsibility of the author(s). Personal communications (letters, memos, telephone conversations) are cited in the text after the name with as exact a date as possible. (NB. Personal communications are not cited in the reference list.) Please do not use space bar or hard return (Enter) to format the reference.
- Tables, Figures, Illustrations, & Other Technologies. The purpose of tables and figures is to present data to the reader in a clear and unambiguous manner. The author should not describe the data in the text in such detail that illustration or text is redundant. Utilization of graphics, photographs, video streaming, as well as other technologies are welcome. The images may be embedded in the initial submission. However, in addition to the embedded images, all graphics and photographs must be sent in jpeg or gif format in the final accepted version for publishing. If an image is embedded in the text, indicate the corresponding name of the jpeg (ie. Insert Image 1, [name of image] here.)
- Once an article has been accepted, all tables, figures, illustrations and audio/video files should be e-mailed to the assigned assoicate editor along with the manuscript and an author bio of no more than 100 words.
the timeline of the review process varies but it is our goal to get feedback to authors as quickly as possible.
ijea's open access articles are published under the terms of the (cc by-nc). this license ensures that original authorship is properly and fully attributed and that ijea is recognized as the original place of publication. ijea allows the authors to hold the copyright without restrictions.